Hot Summer Style Workout
Hello my Darlings,
I am back with a new lower body workout. This workout took me about 20 minutes to complete. This is one of those routines that looks easy but it’s always harder than it looks. The most important thing is to always have a good exercise form. Even the easy workout when done in perfect form can be very hard.
Always do your warm-up before beginning to exercise, I have a warm-up routine where you can follow along with me, so don’t be lazy just do it!
Guys, make sure you watch the workout recap part of the video for the explanations on how to do each exercise correctly.
In this routine I was using my timer, my 40 lbs versafit bag, 12 lbs medicine ball, a brick ( for my jump overs ) and a balance ball ( if you don’t have a balance ball use a chair ).
This routine is divided in 2 parts. First part is a circuit for proper form and time, second part is high intensity interval training. At the end of each part I did bridges on a balance ball.
Set your timer as a stopwatch. You will complete 10 round of the following combo.
- Side Forward Lunge Right Leg – 5 reps
- Side Forward Lunge Left Leg – 5 reps
- Booty Squat – 5 reps ( watch workout recap part of the video for proper explanation )
The whole thing counts as 1 round
Do not take breaks during this part, the key is to push your self all the way through.
- After I completed 10 rounds of the above combo I did 20 reps of bridges on a balance ball.
Set your timer for 2 intervals. Firs interval is 7 seconds ( rest interval ), second interval is 35 seconds ( max effort ), for the total of 12 rounds. There are 2 exercises but one of them is done on each side, so you will go through the whole thing 4 times total.
- Weighted Sliding Side Lunge Pulses Right Leg
- Weighted Sliding Side Lunge Pulses Left Leg
- Jump Over & Leap
- After the interval training part I completed 20 more reps of bridges on a balance ball.
In the 3rd round I had to modify the sliding lunge pulses so I dropped the ball and did bodyweight.
After this routine I did 2 planks 1 min each and 3 sets of toe raises with my 40 lbs bag, 20 reps per set.Make sure you do your stretching as well and since it’s the end of the week you should do my full body stretching routine.
My Time for the first part was 8 min 7 sec.
My scores for the 2nd part
1) 22, 21, 21, 20 ( I modified 3rd and 4th round without the ball on both sides )
2) 23, 24, 24, 21
3) 6, 6, 6, 5
Have fun training!